• Willkommen Gast, auf dem Forum und im Wiki der UOB, der "Ultima Online Bibliothek"!
    Wir werden unsere Regeln hier kurz aufzählen, bitte richtet euch danach, auch im Sinne eines fairen und trotzdem offenen Meinungsaustausches, generell am Interesse einer Umgebung in der sich möglichst alle wohlfühlen sollen!

• Sinnloses Spamming ist nicht erlaubt. Ein-Smilie Postings sind nicht erlaubt. Kurze Postings welche nichts Sinnvolles zum Thread beitragen sind Spamming
    • Das Posten von Bugs und Exploits sowie Links zu Seiten wo solche zu lesen sind, dies betrifft auch illegale Dritt-Verkäufer Seiten
    • Informationen zu Freeshards und ähnlichen Projekten gehören nicht auf unsere offizielle UO-Fansite - Infos zu anderen Spielen sind erlaubt (siehe Unterforum "Spieleecke")
    • Avatare/Benutzerbilder sollten den aufgestellten Regeln entsprechen
    • Trotz allem auch mal immer wieder an das Scamming-Thema denken
    • Bitte beachtet auch die Marktplatzregeln
    • Kontaktperson für Fragen ist Medea - und nun, viel Spaß beim Lesen!

Idea: New Idea for series of events.

New Frarc

Knappe
I have a idea for a new series of event.

Event name : Not decided.

The goal is simple: Increasing the funds for all cities.

How? We go to a place/area/dungeon to kill monsters. A lot of them. The event takes between 1,5 and 2 hours. We collect all the gold, when our pockets are full, we give the gold to 1 and the same person. It would maybe be best that the Governor of the city we gather for (Or a character of him/her) Collect all the gold and send it to the bank.(Anything else you can keep) At the end of the event, we go to the city guildstone and the governor of that town drops all the gold into the stone.

The city we fight for will be on turns. I would suggest to do the cities in alphabetic order.

- Britain
- Jhelom*
- Minoc
- Moonglow
- New Magincia
- Skara Brae
- Trinsic
- Vesper
- Yew

* Because Jhelom still has more then 68 Million gold on the stone , We will skip turns several times because at this point it is not needed.

The more people join, the better it would be for each city.

My Questions are, would you be interested in joining these events and willingly give the gold you collect for the town treasury?

How often would you like to do them? Every week? Every 2 or 3 weeks.

Where do we go? Random places or always the same? Or who decide where we should go?

I would like to hear all your thoughts on it, So if there is enough interest I can get this going.

You have to understand, I can not do this when only 2-3 players shows up at the event.This has to be a community effort. The more the better. It would benefit all towns/governors in the longrun. :)

Coco Zamis

Schwertmeister
To speak for Skara Brae, this town would like to have donations, but i have some money left from a sponsor. So it is not urgent.

Hows about a (public) harrower. This guy drops a lot of gold.

Most peoples aren't in need of any gold from champ hunts.
For returners which are in need of money we could offer mini hunts to the stygian abyss dungeon where crafter can farm their ressources and they can collect the gold.

I think DF is following your advice and given timings. Our shard is running good with you, the DK guild and all the other guys which are organizing thoose events.
(And of course Professor Grimm)

*hugs*

Very nice idea and I think it's possible with a community like ours on Drachenfels.
It depends, as you already said, on the number of players patricipating.
For the beginning it would be good to run the event once a week so we will see if there are enough players willing to help and to fill all the town treasurys in a short time.
The order of towns must not in alphabetic order. We could start a poll to support a town that needs the gold first and then try to balancing the treasury between all towns.
Community should stand in first place. Perhaps there are some RPG issues between towns. This should not affect the collecting.
Random places would be better I think to prevent it to get boring by the time.
There will be some things to dicuss. I will definitely be there when it starts :)

Gilmour

Vogt
I like the idea, It could work well for helping with some funding for the cities, and I am sure it will be well received and that people will take part.

However, governors and citizens should not expect this to keep it funded for trade deal week after week alone. Simple due to the amount of cities (9) and the occurrence of the events (weekly at most), means each event (provided no cities skip like Jhelom offered) would need to generate 18 million per event for that to happen.. and i don't see that happening in a max two hour span.

But, i don't think it was your goal to have them fully funded in the first place?

That said, I can't think of any gold making event alternatives other than donating gold (either directly or via our auctions), that can be used for this myself, that applies to Drachenfels economy, however 1+1=2 .. and there is no reason to limit yourself to only once source. and in the end even a smaller part of a trade deal will result in a trade deal being active more often, and maybe motivate more citizens to donate gold to them.

So i recommend you give it a trial run, and see where it takes you :)

Anjanca

Lehrling
with only the gold drops it will be hard to finance the deals like Gilmour said. If you take item drops into the finance it would be a lot easier but harder too. I guess not all will be honest and donate there Scroll of Valiant Commendation or Arti drop.
With a Champ spawn or Harrower it would be possible to say that all the drops the protector gets will sell and the gold will be donated.
Or introduce a start fee :)

On the other hand we shouldn't be so fixed to the money at all and focus more on events unter the flag of one city/governors. regardless of whether it will generates money or not.

I like this Idea too. I think also its not possible to make so much Gold to finance a couple weeks, but the important thing is, that it would be funny. And as Anjanca said, an Event under the Flag of the various Towns.

An Example where to go is Blackthorns Dungeon and collect all Minax Artis and then sell a Blackthorns Arti at the Auction. Or to go to Shame down for example and collect some Rings and Braces and then sell at the Auction.

The Champs Spawns are good and the idea of the Protector are also good ones. I think, we can announce two things:
- where to go with a bigger group
- and where to go with a smaller group

But me as a Governor of Vesper will support the event.

New Frarc

Knappe
The idea is to raise funds for the different cities. How little or how big it all can be.
Not everyone is that lucky to sell items on Knucklehead auction for 90+ Millions and put it all in the city treasure. (And no one should be)
Let say this should be a starting point to get more funds for each city. A way to learn and show players how it all works.
Also a way to work together to raise funds. This event should be a first step where we can build further on.

I like all your ideas and it shows with a little bit imagenation we can work this out.
We can also go back to places where we not been for a while or some of us never been.
And new and returning players can join in and help with as much and as little they can.

Nicnivin

Dieb
I support the idea of supporting different cities, increasing their city treasure for trade deals.

Some events are better suited to raise funds than others. Those who would work could be announced as fund raising events.
I think once a week would be a bit too limiting, regarding reasonable targets and things people might want to do at weekends. So every two weeks sounds good to me. Like we did for the Moonglow zoo, the targets could also provide more than gold coin loot. Barbed leather would be a resource that might sell at auctions, for example.

Since roughly every two weeks there is an Exodus event, the Exodus dungeon would be one perfect target. On one hand keys are farmed, on the other there is gold and loot that could be gathered as well. If other events fit, they could replace the key hunting event for fund raising.
One important thing for me would be that there are dedicated looters who loot all the gold. In the heat of the battle there is often not much time to loot (at least thats what I am experiencing). I have to heal, run, or attack another opponent and have a hard time getting to all the corpses. So that alone would make it easier to gather money.

All that said, I also think, like others before, that the amount of money gathered might be too low to have real impact funding the trade deals. Some of you might be aware that I don't care for trade deals much. It is a gold sink and, personally, I am not willing to 'work' for trying to fill a black hole with gold - it will just vanish. I am willing to help with events, though. As long as the community has fun doing events, I am in.

To Farm Keys for Exodus Events sounds great for me. Maybe the Event can be on Wednesday or Thursday before Exodus for example. Very Good Idea.

Oben